Friday, October 16, 2009

June 9, 2005




Steve's on the Grand and I'm not.  What to do?  Try to ignore it?  That's what I thought I was going to do but instead I think I'm going to embrace it.  I've been down the Grand three times myself so for the duration of his trip, I'm going to focus on my memories by posting journal entries and pictures from our previous trips together. Rachel tells me that my trip journals can be kind of boring because they're too matter of fact. Be that as it may, here goes.

Sunday, April 22, 2001


I didn't journal on Sunday, April 22, 2001.  :-(


Thursday, June 9, 2005

At Ross Wheeler Camp.

Woke this am to an overcast sky, saw the sun only a couple of times today so the temp stayed pretty cool.  Not the best weather for the big rapid day we had.  Granite, Hermit, Crystal and the Gems.  Wet and cold all day.  I did dig out Steve's dry top which absolutely salvaged the day for me.

We had fun runs in the big three.  We had the largest wave in Hermit crash right over us and we just skirted the right side of the hole in Crystal.  We went right through the hole in Ruby (we think).  According to my notes, we had a better ride in Serpentine than last time.  All fun.

Pitched the tent for the first time.  Rachel brought it all back in one piece.  But I'm on the boat unless it rains. 

No comments: