Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dear Rachel - 9.7.10

Dear Rachel,

First day of college class!  Sorry you're not thrilled about one of your instructors.  Maybe he'll grow on you.  I'm heartened to hear your reaction to your classmate who's opting to go the Sparks Notes route.  As with most everything, it is especially true with regards to college that you get out of it what you put into it.  Cutting corners or being lazy academically only lessens your experience and limits the rewards to be reaped.  This is what I hope for you, that you make the most of your opportunities and allow them to take you in the direction of fulfillment of your dreams.

I had class today too.  It'll be fun for me to further hone my photography skills.  It's been such a great way to add a little variety to my day and an excellent motivation to get out and about.  

As much as I'm looking forward to Hawaii, this trip has become a bit of a pain.  Not that I want to have to choose but if I did, I might just have to opt for San Francisco.  But as I write this, Jack Johnson comes on Pandora and images of Lahaina and Ka'anapali float through y head and I get excited all over again.  Just struggling to balance work and travel.  It can be so painful to return to the workpile.

Looking around the living room, I like the new set-up.  It's cozy.  Cable guy comes tomorrow.

Grandma & Papa come the day after tomorrow.  The weather here has been nice but it's definitely getting colder.  It was 35 degrees when I left for work this am.  But it was a gorgeous 70 degrees at lunch.  Fall in the Rockies!

Love, Mommie :-)

No comments: