Thursday, September 02, 2010

Dear Rachel - 9.2.10

Dear Rachel,

Sitting in the reclining chair, listening to Pandora Radio on the TV/DVD, waiting for Steve to we can go to Carl's and Red Box.

Earlier when I was thinking about what I might write to you tonight, I thought about how proud I am of your insistence on maintaining a positive attitude.  I loved your text about how if there's anything you know how to do, it's cope.  You're so strong.  As someone who shares this trait, I well know that there are plenty of times when you wish you didn't have to be strong, either because things were easier or because someone else was there to be the strong one.  But realize that our strength serves us well.  It is a huge tool which we wield to improve our circumstances and create a more positive reality.  I'm so thankful I was able to pass that along to you.

But that's just what I thought about telling you earlier.  Since then, I've spoken with you and experienced your excitement about your afternoon.  I'm so glad that your coping mechanism paid off so well and so quickly.

We just got back with The Messenger.  It might be a bit of a bummer.

Kim's in a bit of a tizzy.  She ordered her new car, an Audi Q5, which was supposed to be ready around Thanksgiving but she got a call back saying, oops, it won't really be ready until Christmas.  Now she's questioning whether she still wants the car or whether she should be starting her search over.  I told her she just has to make sure she gets what she wants.

I hope you went down to the dance.  Of course, I'll know before you read this . . .

Love, Mommie  :-)

No comments: