Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Waffling

My interior dialogue:

(background - I have a 7 1/2 hour meeting that starts at 7:30 am tomorrow at a location that's an hour away from my house and for the entire duration of the meeting, I need to be the reincarnation of the Eveready Bunny.)

Hmmm, maybe I should stay in a hotel close to the meeting place tonight.

But, I have a dinner meeting tonight here and wouldn't be able to leave until about 8 pm.

But, if I get there at 9 pm and go straight to bed . . .

But, there'll be a TV. What are the chances I'll be able to resist the temptation?

But, if I stay home, I'll have to get up at 5:30 am. I'll be toast before I even get down there.

But, what if I can't sleep at the hotel?

You don't have a problem sleeping.

But what if it's a noisy room?

But how good will it feel when you wake up tomorrow and you're already there?

But I'll have to be organized enough to pick out clothes tonight and to make sure I don't forget anything.

There's no winning an argument with me . . .

3 comments:

Eric Wittenberg said...

Bridgie,

It's nice to see that some things never change, and that it's still impossible to win an argument with you. :-)

Eric

IamMBB said...

Yes, isn't consistency grand? Oy!

Anonymous said...

What was the meeting for? Seven 1/2 hour meetings should be illegal. Either make it shorter (usually possible) or take two days. Though I guess time is money.

You made me want to eat waffles.