Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sitemeter outage

Sitemeter.

It's pretty addictive. For someone who claims to not care if anyone's reading, I sure do check Sitemeter often. It's also a lot of fun to see some of the ridiculous search terms people come up with. Or puzzling to see how including a certain image or UPC code (?) generates unexpected traffic.

But Sitemeter was having issues this past weekend.

I spent many a minute refreshing my Sitemeter link over the last couple of days. I could get data for Mountain Musings Project 365 Photoblog, albeit extremely slowly, but not for Mountain Musings.

I consoled myself with the thought that I just had to be patient. When the weekend was over and the tech guys finally fixed the problem, I'd be able to log on and satisfy my curiosity.

Only, not really. I got nothing, nada, zip, zilch, no data from 8:36 pm on 11/23 through 1:19 pm on 11/25. All gone. So sad.

I want my money back. Oh wait, I have a free Sitemeter account.

Sitemeter says:

We’re slowly bringing the downed servers back online but in some cases we’re unable to retrieve data lost during the outage. If your stats are hosted on s21, s24, or s25 you will most likely be missing data from approximately Friday Nov 23rd to Monday Nov 26th.

We are of course very disappointed to learn of this failure; especially after all we’ve done to minimize these kinds of things from happening. We understand the inconvenience this creates for you and although it isn’t much help for those who have lost stats we do apologize.


I know! (making lemonade here) If you stopped by on late 11/23, all day 11/24 or early am 11/25 or if you think you stopped by or if you thought about stopping by, or if you wish you had stopped by, leave me a comment. Yeah, that's it. A comment.

It'll be like a manual sitemeter. Kinda like when you revert to the old credit card slide machine when your power goes out.

No comments: