Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dissed

Peter DeWolf won't be my friend.

As I wrote the other day, Peter DeWolf is responsible for me finding out about NaBloPoMo. Somehow or another I found Such Great Heights which I liked so I RSS'd it.

This past week Clink has been in Boston on a business trip so she had guest bloggers. Peter was her guest blogger on Tuesday and after reading his post, I checked out his blog. And became acquainted with NaBloPoMo.

So I joined. NaBloPoMo is actually a social network like Facebook, only much smaller. And its software, Ning, isn't as functional.

Now, I'm no Little Miss Popularity. Not really interested. On Facebook, I have 16 friends, mostly family and Rachel's friends.

This does not bother me. Really, I'm ok with it.

On NaBloPoMo, I got friended by a complete stranger and thought, what the heck? So I have one friend.

Since Peter, unbeknownst to him, was really my first friend on NaBloPoMo, I thought it'd be "fun" to friend him. Expecting the opportunity to send the request with a short explanation (since of course Peter doesn't know me from Eve), I clicked Add as a Friend and was immediately dismayed to get a little message stating "Request sent!"

Well, don't be so happy about it, Ning, 'cause you suck. You're supposed to let me add a note the way Facebook does.

A short while later, Sitemeter tells me that Peter has checked my blog. (which, BTW, I quickly edited to add a reference to him in the hopes that he would make the connection.)

And then, nothing. Silence.

Peter DeWolf doesn't want to be my friend. Sniff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No loss with Peter. And I'm sure you fully realize this. Once I live in a place with faster internet, you can add me to your friend list. (I just don't have the time to join all the online things I'd like to.)