Tuesday, November 20, 2007

That's just wrong

Being wrong annoys me.

I like to know what I'm talking about. If someone tells me something that's contrary to what I believe to be true, I get frustrated. With myself.

Like why didn't I know that? I should have known that.

Or why do I think it's different? Why am I misinformed?

Enough so that I go out of my way for things that are entirely inconsequential.

Take the other day, for example. I ran into a visitor who, granted, used to live here. In the course of our conversation, he complains that the bus from the airport into town isn't free.

I think, yes, it is. I just told my brother that it is. It is, isn't it? When did they change that? Why didn't I know that?

I say, "Really?"

Yep, he maintains. Gotta pay to get from the airport into town.

The conversation moves on and shortly thereafter we go our separate ways.

My separate way involves an immediate detour to the bus station that's 2 blocks away where I ascertain that, in fact, it is free to take the bus from the airport to town and from town to the airport.

Ok, I feel so much better . . .

2 comments:

Eric Wittenberg said...

Bridgie,

Once again, it's nice to see that some things never, ever change.... :-)

Eric

IamMBB said...

I yam who I yam . . .