Thursday, November 29, 2007

A good idea brought to fruition

I've had two massages in less than a week.

This is definitely a record for me.

I had a meeting on Sunday at the Aspen Club and afterwards, my awesome, generous friend sprang for us to get massages.

Early Christmas gift. Sweet!

What a great way to end a meeting. Going to Takah for dinner afterwards was just icing on the cake.

But better yet, while sitting at the Aspen Club comparing notes on favorite spa treatments, I mentioned to one of my fellow spa indulgers that my favorite treatment, the Salt Scrub, just happened to be the November monthly massage/treatment special at Yampah Spa.

Yes, Yampah Spa, the very spa whose possibility kept me sane two weeks ago.

Lo and behold, it turned out that the Salt Scrub is also the favorite of my companion.

In a whirlwind of momentum, we quickly cooked up a plan whereby I would switch my day off to correspond with hers and we would go spa-ing and shopping (at Costco, no less) on this, the second to last day of the month of the favored spa treatment special.

And thus it was that, for the first time in my life, I had two massages in less than a week.

And a good idea, once thought to be an opportunity missed due to excessive meeting length, was brought to fruition after all.

And then, we Cost-co'd. Such a day . . .

No comments: