Thursday, March 12, 2009

Enchanted

Rachel and I watched my parents' Netflix copy of this last week.

It was fine.

Yes, fine.

Watching someone else's Netflix copy was a good way to see it. At least for anyone over the age of 14 or so.

Amy Adams was cute as the naive fairy tale princess. I do have to say that I have enjoyed watching her in every one of the four movies in which I've seen her. Patrick Dempsey is handsome and charming as always as the disillusioned (but not too, this is Disney after all) divorce lawyer who serves as her real world Prince Charming. The prince is princely and the villains are villainous. Susan Sarandon as the evil stepmother queen channels Glenn Close as Cruella deVille. And, in a welcome feminist twist, the princess gets to do some saving too.

If you have a pre-teen or early teen girl, watch this with her by all means. Otherwise . . . ?

No comments: