Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Last day

Two glasses of Tempranillo and two glasses of Freixenet Cava Reserva. I hope I wake up on time in the morning.

Dinner with Steve and Judy & Juan Carlos and the Venezuelan brothers, Pavel and Gustavo and Pavel's son, Pavel, was quite entertaining and once again the food was delicious. A tuna tortilla, a pate, a goat cheese bruschetta, a tomato mozzarella and olive salad followed by an apple tart. Muy delicioso!

We spent most of the day relaxing, reading and visiting. When I felt guilty about how hard Judy was working, even though she wouldn't let me help, I went up to our room and packed. At least, I wasn't sitting around while she was bustling around.

Steven and I went on an excursion to the El Arbol in Trubia to get snacks for the plane. Of course, on the way back, when we were really close to Faedo, the low fuel light came on so we had to drive back to Proaza and figure out how to say just a little bit of gas in Spanish. The rental car company charged us for a whole tank of gas so it's in our financial interest to return the car as close to empty as possible. I think it was just a scam the foreigner move but whatever, I'm on vacation. So we got 10 euros worth of diesel and motored back in time for our 9:30 pm dinnner.

Now bed and a 6 am wake up for a 7 am departure for a 9:30 am flight to Barcelona.

Tomorrow, 20 hours of travel. Man, the getting there and getting home sure does suck.

But, not to end on a negative note, the being here rocked.

No comments: