Saturday, February 07, 2009

Mommies

Here you go, mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? No.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Conflicted.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Yes.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 29.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? A routine pregnancy test at the doctor's office before a procedure.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? the father.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No.
9. DUE DATE? April 4, 1992
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? No
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? coffee ice cream.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Nothing that I can remember. People were a bit surprised.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 50 lbs. (Yikes!) and I delivered 10 weeks early. I don't even want to think about how much I would have gained if I had gone to term.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, two. Both after the birth although not planned that way.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Both planned.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Is pre-term labor a complication? Other than that, no.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, Maryland
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? The answer to that question is complicated. My water broke on Saturday evening (after a day spent moving), I was on morphine all day Sunday (Superbowl Sunday and the Redskins were in the Superbowl) to forestall labor, I went into active labor late Sunday night and finally delivered via c-section at 5 am on Monday morning. I was very annoyed that, knowing that I was going to have a c-section, I had to endure as much labor as I did.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I did. But, my brother, Brian, was with me.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? ob, neonatalogist, nurses and my mom.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? c-section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, it was a c-section, but I was awake and that wasn't pleasant.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 3 lbs, 6 oz. and she dropped to 2 lbs, 9 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? January 27, 1992 at 5 am.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Rachel Elizabeth Bielinski
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 17.

No comments: