Sunday, February 15, 2009

40 odd things

40 ODD things~Share
You know the drill! 40 ODD things about you! Learn 40 things about your friends and let them learn 40 things about you. Once you've been tagged, please complete.

1. Do you like blue cheese dressing? No!

2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Yes, very rarely as an upperclassman in high school and a freshman in college. I had a pack of cigarettes hidden in the trunk of my car in high school for social occasions. It lasted forever.

3. Do you own a gun? Yes, a cute little Walther PPK, although I'm not sure that I'd be able to find the key to the trigger lock.

4. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shops? Double or triple shot latte.

5. What do you think of hot dogs? I like grilled hot dogs with ketchup.

6. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells. I burned a CD with 13 different versions of it.

7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee with cream

8. Can you do push ups? a few. more when I'm reliably attending my workout class (which is not right now).

9. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my engagement ring.

10. Favorite hobbies? photography and blogging.

11. Do you have ADD? no. not at all.

12. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? Hate is too strong a word but I wish I wasn't as socially awkward as I am.

13. Middle name? Bridget

14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1. what a ridiculous question. 2. what thought will reflect well? 3. what a ridiculous question.

15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. coffee, water, Riesling

16. Current worry right now? getting all my work done.

17. Current hate(s) right now? the far right.

18. Favorite place to be? Aspen.

19. How did you ring in the New Year? wondering if there were really bombs in downtown Aspen.

20. Like to travel? Yes, although it's not always so much fun getting there anymore.

21. Name 3 people that will complete this? I'll be interested to see.

22. Do you own slippers? slipper socks

23. What color shirt are you wearing? red

24. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor? Absolutely no desire. Actually since I've never seen Survivor, I really have no idea. But again, absolutely no desire.

25. What song do you sing in the shower? I'm usually listening to NPR in the shower so no singing.

26. Favorite girls' names? When I was in college, I thought I'd name my daughters (if I had any) Chelsea and Britney. So instead I named my first two dogs Chelsea and Britney. I didn't choose Rachel's name until after she was born. Up until that time, I was leaning towards Ryan or Kendall.

27. Favorite boys names? In college, I thought I'd name a son Ian. When I was pregnant, I was thinking Benjamin, Kendall or Ryan.

28. What's in your pocket right now? empty. like my bank account. :-)

29. Last thing that made you laugh? my husband.

30. Worst injury you've ever had? broken jaw. 2d grade, fell off a jungle gym during recess at the school playground. then had to move and start a new school with my jaw wired shut.

31. Do you love where you live? oh yeah!

32. How many t.v's do you have in your house? zero. we took our TV out of the house in January of 2001, brought it back for two weeks after 9/11 and haven't had one since.

33. Who's your loudest friend? me. Rachel.

34. Does someone have a crush on you? I hope so.

35. What's your favorite candy? snickers.

36. Favorite sports team? Don't really follow sports anymore. Used to be into college basketball and pro football. Will always root for the Bears if they're doing well. Otherwise, I'm not paying attention.

37. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? sleeping

38. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today? Why isn't Rachel home!?! in a very panicked way. It was 3 am and I never heard her and her friend come in from Winter Formal. Usually, Ellie barks and wakes me up but that didn't happen. However, when I got up and checked, there they were, sleeping peacefully. Such good kids!

39. What's your favorite holiday? April Fool's Day.

40. What are your plans for tomorrow? work and maybe a movie.

No comments: