Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Marillac High School Class of 1980

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!

REPOST with the name of high school and graduating year in the subject box.
Send this to all your friends, but don't forget to send it back to me. Thanks

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Um, no. It was an all girls Catholic school. Nobody in our school dated anyone else in our school. At least not openly.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No. see #1.

3. Did you car pool to school?
Yes, with Eileen Mitchell and Deidre Dolan and a couple of underclassmen whose names I forget. Although I can't remember for sure that we were all still carpooling by senior year.

4. What kind of car did you have?
I had a green Audi Fox, a hand-me-down from my dad when he got a new car in 1978. Someone torched it in our driveway in August of 1981, one of a number of cars in the area that were torched during a short timeframe. Quite the excitement in our quiet little suburb.

5. What kind of car do you have now?
1998 Toyota Rav 4.

6. It's Friday night...where are you? (then)
Hanging out with friends at Sambos

7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now)
This past Friday night, I was at the Wheeler Opera House.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Retail clerk in the housewares department at Sears and in the candy department at Marshall Fields. File clerk at my dad's office.

9. What kind of job do you do now?
two jobs, medical office administrator and executive director of an independent physicians' association

10. Were you a party animal?
Um, not so much.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Too awkward to be considered a flirt.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
not in senior year in high school. earlier, yes.

13. Were you a nerd?
I still am.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
I got suspended during my final week in high school for skipping school for the very first time with a bunch of my girlfriends. We got busted because the attendance clerk was smart enough to realize that it was a bit suspicious that we were all out sick at the same time. We went downtown to Michigan Avenue and acted like obnoxious high schoolers. Two of the girls' mothers covered for them so they didn't get suspended and those of us who got to stay home because we were suspended teased the girls who had to go to school.

15. Can you sing the fight song?
I don't think we had one. You know, Catholic girls' school? Although, when our basketball team was doing really well (they went to States), we would sing Hey, Hey, Goodbye to the opposing team and fans.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
Ya know, I'm coming up blank. I don't think I can even remember any of my teachers senior year. I will say that I really liked Sr. James, who was the vice principal and was in charge of discipline, especially since I rarely got in trouble and then usually just for talking back to my teachers. She was cool and I was sad to hear that she had recently passed away.

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
at a table in the cafeteria? We did girly things like play hearts and bring in cakes for each other's birthdays or half birthdays. I can remember singing at the top of our lungs to Manfred Mann's Earth Band's Blinded by the Light as it played over the speakers.

18. What was your school's full name?
St. Louise de Marillac High School

19. When did you graduate?
1980 (I always really liked my graduation year.)

20. What was your school mascot?
The Northstar. Don't ask me, we voted on it.

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Hell no. I was way too insecure back then.

22. Did you have fun at prom?
Yep. We went as a group. Equal numbers boys and girls and that took the pressure off since no one was technically paired up. Prom was downtown Chicago which was exciting for us suburban kids. (this is either my prom I'm remembering or the nearby boys' school's prom or maybe both combined)

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with?
No, none of them.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
No. My school merged with another school a few years back. But really, that's just an excuse. I wouldn't go either way.

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
One regularly and one sporadically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is how I found your blog, I googled Marillac. I am home sick and surfing. Very interesting...Love the parts about you saying that you are socially inept. Don't be so hard on yourself, we were all that way. Loved the trip down memory lane, miss the games of Hearts in the cafeteria..
Lisa J.