Thursday, January 08, 2009

Well, that's one way to do it - Part III

Yesterday, Steve shoveled the snow off the roof.

This is a kinda sucky job. It's cold, it involves high places and heavy lifting, it's dangerous . . .

I was feeling very appreciative. So appreciative that I was seriously considering skipping my workout in order to take him to dinner to express my appreciation.

Did I have an ulterior motive? Was I practicing avoidance? Possibly. But so what?

So anyhow, in the midst of my plan to skip my workout, I mean, express my appreciation, I picked up on his mood.

Which was annoyance.

With me.

For something I didn't think he should be annoyed at me about. (Isn't that always the way?)

So, I got annoyed right back, put on my workout stuff in a huff and walked out the door to catch the bus.

I told my instructor that she had my husband to thank for my attendance last night . . .

No comments: