Monday, January 12, 2009

Wall-E

Finally got a chance to watch this on DVD.

I don't know if my expectations for Pixar movies are rising unrealistically, but I wasn't blown away.

I expected to be blown away.

The first part of the movie was well done. It felt fresh and new, for the most part (except for the cutesy spork nod to the Little Mermaid). Much was communicated with no dialogue.

Moving further into the movie, we experience more retreads, the Island of Misfit Toys, 2001 A Space Odyssey's Hal . . .

Wall-E himself exudes personality and tugs at the viewer's tear ducts.

But overall, the movie, while a fine enough way to spend 98 minutes, doesn't grab. I'm not likely to watch it again, unlike, say, Toy Story.

1 comment:

Writer Girl said...

Joss Whedon(creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)was on the writing team for Toy Story, that's why you like it so much.

Darling Daughter