Friday, June 06, 2008

Off to Orlando

For all my whining, yesterday's travel went smoothly.

Since I had lost my seats when my tickets were cancelled, we got upgraded to an exit row for our Denver to Orlando flight.

It was 47 degrees and rainy when we left and 90 degrees and sunny when we arrived.

We're staying at a Disney hotel for two nights so our shuttle from the airport to the hotel was pain free. Disney does know how to move its guests from the airport to the hotel.

As Disney hotel guests, we're entitled to visit the parks for extended hours, specific parks on specific days. Yesterday was Epcot's day to be open late, until midnight, and since Rachel and I are still on Colorado time, that was perfect.

We settled in our hotel room, then had an early dinner at the hotel cafeteria and grabbed the shuttle bus to Epcot. We had time to visit a few attractions and see the sights at the Around the World Lagoon before catching the Illuminations firewords and laser light show.

When Susie and I were in Beijing, the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest was closed for renovation and covered in scaffolding so I found it entertaining that Epcot, they've got a half sized reproduction.

I have to say that the Illuminations show gives Aspen Mountain fireworks a run for their money. The setting is no where near as spectacular but the Illuminations show has fire, laser lights and a floating video globe in addition to the fireworks.

Today, we're off to the Magic Kingdom . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought of Beijing the minute I saw the picture.