Saturday, June 14, 2008

Heredity

Walking around the Food & Wine Classic Grand Tastings with my parents the past two days, I've noticed that my father and I share a similar affinity for sweeter wines.

Since he doesn't drink very often, I hadn't really realized it before this weekend.

This afternoon, I mentioned that I now knew from where I got my sweet palate.

He immediately reminded me of my grandfather's preference for Mogen David Concord wine.

I had forgotten that, yes, we always had a jug of Mogen David on hand for my grandfather. In fact, I'd wager that Mogen David Concord wine was in fact the first wine that ever passed my lips, illicitly of course, as my siblings and cousins and I sneaked sips at family gatherings.

Although, to listen to my mother's stories of having a glass of wine while breastfeeding me to ensure a longer, uninterrupted sleep, Mogen David was probably not my first wine ever . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of Mogen David now?

IamMBB said...

Haven't had since I was a kid so I couldn't say . . .