Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Enough already

Not sure if I'm referring to enough air travel problems or enough of me whining about them.

This morning I went online to check in for our flights tomorrow only to discover that my itinerary could not be found. I got Rachel checked in and girded my loins for battle with the overseas agents.

While painful, the resolution was positive so it could have been worse. Mr. Ajeed Singh turned out to be very helpful and patient as it took him almost an hour to sort everything out.

After doing some investigating, he informed me that someone named "Stuti" (?!?) had called on the 2d to cancel my ticket. When I said that I didn't know anyone by the name of Stuti, he immediately said that he'd see what he could do.

Good answer.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that one of our return flights next week had been cancelled and that Rachel had been rebooked, although no one had bothered to inform us.

I'm convinced that "Stuti" had been attempting to rebook my tickets when s/he accidentally cancelled them.

But, in the spirit of cooperation, I merely said thank you when Ajeed reminded me that he was making an exception and not charging me a change fee. (Huh?)

To complicate my life more, while Ajeed was diligently working to get me rebooked and to insure that Rachel was on the same flights, our internet went down. (Gotta love Comcast.)

Ajeed's typing furiously while I'm running around the house trying to troubleshoot our internet connection.

Finally, Ajeed says that he's gotten it all taken care of but that he wants to stay on the phone while I go online and check in so that we know it's all good.

No dice. No internet.

I have to drive to my office to use the internet there. I reluctantly let Ajeed off the phone after requesting that the new itineraries be emailed.

Rachel's itinerary arrives. (Remember, she's already checked in.) Mine, however, does not.

More angst.

But, in the end, success. I got to the office, logged onto United.com and voila, there was my itinerary.

Rachel and I no longer have seats together but oh well, you can't have everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good God, what a trial!

I'm so glad you did get your tickets in the end.

IamMBB said...

and the nice gate agent in Denver put us in an exit row for our troubles.