Saturday, May 10, 2008

PostSecret Two Weeks Ago

I wrote about seeing Frank Warren of PostSecret in Fort Collins two weeks ago on April 26, 2008

The next day, April 27, 2008, he posted this postcard on PostSecret.

This sticker issue has been a bit of a controversy for PostSecret.

He spoke about it at the event we attended. Basically, his position is that he posts the secrets as they reach him. If some of the artwork falls off or if the USPS adds their sticker, that's what he receives and that's what he posts.

A fair number of people disagree as evidenced by the postcard pictured and by the topic in the PostSecret forums (which I can't find right now to add a hyperlink but in looking, I discovered that tomorrow's secrets are already up and they made me cry).

I have two thoughts on the topic. One, I can see his point. If you start altering the postcards, where do you draw the line? Two, even if I didn't agree, it's his deal. He started PostSecret. He's in charge. He makes the rules.

It rather amuses me that people get so het up about it.

No comments: