Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me

For Mother's Day, I got doors.

This is a good thing.

You know the advice to men to never buy anything with a plug for their wives for Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthday?

Well, this isn't the same.

In my house, Rachel has a room she can go into and close the doors (her bedroom), Steve has a room he can to into and close the doors (his art studio) and I have a room that I can go into that has no doors (my office).

This just doesn't work for me when I need to be separate. I have no where to go where others can't follow.

So, today for Mother's Day, Steve bought me doors.

Never mind that they were too big for us to bring home so they're going to have to be delivered.

Never mind that they are 4 inches too wide and 2 inches too tall for the opening to my office.

Never mind that they don't have door knobs or even pre-cut holes for door knobs and we don't have a way to drill holes for door knobs.

Nope, none of that matters. We will figure it all out.

What matters is that I'm going to have doors!

Photo Credit

No comments: