Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunny day!

At least for part of the day.

The last part of the day which is nice since it meant the day ended on a bright note.

For more reason than one.

See, we had dinner at Trattoria Vittoria to celebrate Julie, Jeffrey & Steve's birthdays.

Yum!

We ate there when we were here in January so I was muchly excited to hear that we were going back.

An excellent meal with much liquid imbibement so at the end, we ditched the car and took a cab back to Carpinteria.

Now, that was an experience. The cabbie made me wonder if it wasn't better to drive drunk. Jeffrey was calling him Travis Bickle which forced me to reveal my lack of cool quotient and inquire as to the identity of Travis Bickle.

Since, you probably don't know either, rather than making you google him, I'll tell you. (Aren't I nice? Just paying it forward since Jeffrey told me.) He's the Robert De Niro character in Taxi Driver.

Not that I've seen Taxi Driver but at least I'm familiar enough with the movie to get the cultural reference.

No comments: