Sunday, April 27, 2008

PostSecret Event

I feel in the know.

I went to PostSecret this morning to see this week's secrets only to find the following post from Frank:



Some days I walk to my mailbox excited to see the new secrets only to open the door and discover that the mail has not been delivered yet.

I know how disappointing that can be.

I will be back home very soon and will post the new secrets Sunday evening.

Thanks for your patience.

-Frank

I know why!

He's in Colorado. I spent yesterday evening with him in Fort Collins.

It was very interesting. He clearly gives a lot of talks and is very polished while still being warm and encouraging. Since Fort Collins is a college town (Colorado State University), the majority of the audience was college age which did make me feel a bit dated but it was also very touching to hear these earnest college students come up to the mikes to share their secrets. Some of them were funny while others were heartbreaking.

Frank gave an overview of the history of PostSecret and shared his journey from dissatisfied drone to the connected, purposeful life he leads now. He truly champions the cause of suicide prevention and mentioned it multiple times in his presentation.

Since he told us last night that he flies home today, I expect that PostSecret will be updated in short order.

No comments: