Monday, April 07, 2008

March Madness on Demand

If you've been paying attention, you probably know that I don't have a TV

(well, actually there is a TV in my crawl space but it's not mine and more importantly it's not where I can watch it. And even if it was where I could watch it, I don't have cable. Which you really have to have in the mountains if you want to watch TV. Unless of course you have satellite TV. Which I don't. But enough of this already . . .)

The point is, I don't have a TV.

And tonight was the final game of the Final Four.

With some TV events, this would necessitate a trip to my parents' place.

But not with the Final Four. Because the NCAA made all of the games available live online. Really good quality online.

I watched Davidson beat Wisconsin online and tonight I was able to watch Memphis lose to Kansas online. While sitting on my bed. Without having to go out in the cold.

This is pretty cool. I get to eat my cake and have it too.

No TV in the house the majority of the time which is a good thing.

But online TV for special occasions which is also a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of connection do you have? I'm looking into getting somehting faster for my parents.

It's amazing that they had good online sports coverage.

IamMBB said...

I have Comcast cable internet access with a wireless router. They have a package if you do cable TV and cable internet but we just do cable internet.

I would recommend either cable or DSL. Around here, you can get good DSL access through the phone company.