Friday, April 04, 2008

Minutiae

Ellie has too many toys.

I don't think we've ever thrown away one of Ellie's toys. No matter how chewed up it is.

We've thrown away the stuffing. We've thrown away the dead squeakers. But not the toys.

Ellie is 5 years old. That's a lot of toys.

So, the spirit of spring cleaning, I decided. I was going to throw away the dead toys.

However, in the spirit of domestic harmony, I was wise enough to realize that I couldn't just throw away the toys. Even though throwing away the toys would still leave her with dozens of toys.

Oh no, that wouldn't do.

Not that the dog would care. No, it's the humans in the household I had to pacify.

So, this morning, after my 7 am board meeting downvalley (where all the shopping is), Steve and I went to Target and bought Ellie 6 new toys.

Only then did I get to throw away the dozen dead ones.

3 comments:

Steve-O said...

Sooo, uh, I'm thinkin' that now makes her six toys behind schedule?

Anonymous said...

Seems it was easier to get rid of some of Rachel's toys when she was younger. Would that be safe to say?

IamMBB said...

No question!