Monday, August 11, 2008

Jinx

I thought I had jinxed myself.

As I was sitting on the plane parked off on a corner of the taxiway, delayed due to weather in Denver, I thought, "Yep, this is payback for last Friday.

"Best case scenario, I still get to Denver in time to make my connection.

"Worst case, I get stuck overnight in Denver.

"I don't want to be stuck overnight in Denver.

"If we weren't stuck on the plane on the runway, I would just bag the whole thing and drive back home with my parents who are leaving tomorrow and arriving Tuesday."

But that wasn't an option.

So I sat.

And, after an hour, we took off. We landed in Denver in time for me to go standby on an earlier flight which had also been delayed by the weather.

I still got into Aspen about 40 minutes before my originally scheduled arrival.

Boy, am I screwed next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just plan a short trip that you don't care about. A sacrificial trip of sorts to appease the gods.

IamMBB said...

That cracked me up.