Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blogging Hillary

Thoughts while watching and listening to the Democratic National Convention tonight:

NPR's coverage of the speakers is better and less disruptive.

Fox News (of all places) had the video montage while NBC was showing ads.

The video montage choked me up (but I'm a sap).

I like Hillary's bold color choice.

She mentions Obama four lines in.

Bill's a sap too. (a glimpse of him choking up while Hillary was speaking of the single mom with cancer and two adopted autistic sons.)

"Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits!"

Nice mention of Gwatney and Tubbs Jones and acknowledgement of their families.

We've screwed up the last two elections. Have we already screwed up this one too?

I like the "Were you in it . . ." series.

Doesn't Bill look proud? Of Hillary

And of himself.

"end the war in Iraq responsibly."

Nice nod to Michelle.

and Joe.

and Jill.

and John.

"John and George will be together in Twin Cities 'cause these days, they're awfully hard to tell apart." Good line!

The Harriet Tubman series choked me up again. "Keep going!"

I just saw Bryan Gonzales on national TV! I know Bryan Gonzales.

"No chasm too deep, no barrier too strong, no ceiling too high"

I don't understand why anyone was ever worried about Hillary being anything less than professional and supportive of her party's nominee . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you check out PBS' coverage? In my opinion, they're the best US source.

IamMBB said...

Yeah, couldn't do it. Just can't quite stomach Jim Lehrer. I'll go with CNN's video and NPR's analysis.