Monday, February 04, 2008

Who knew?

Historically, throughout all of my moves and concomitant various voter registrations, I have always registered as an Independent.

Fear of commitment or something.

I got one of those automated calls yesterday from Barack Obama's campaign asking me or Steve to caucus for Obama.

I started thinking about it and vaguely recalled that possibly, a few years ago, due to some screwy district attorney election, I had actually committed to a party, thinking that I'd go back to being an Independent later.

Then, inertia set in.

And, I couldn't remember which party I had committed to . . .

So, I went to Barack Obama's Colorado website to find out where the Democratic caucus for Aspen is. What I found there was a poorly disguised attempt to collect my phone number and email address so I bailed out.

And went to the Pitkin County website where, I found a link entitled Am I registered to vote?

And, after entering a half dozen permutations of my name, I found out that yes, I am (which, of course, I already knew) but more importantly that I'm a registered Democrat.

Who knew?

So, guess who's going to caucus on Tuesday night?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DId they get your number from the phone book or what?