Sunday, February 03, 2008

Case closed?

Maybe, just maybe, we/they/someone in charge knows who stole our stuff.

Both papers have had headlines for two days about a young and not very bright couple, now in custody, who have been ripping people off from Oregon to Denver for about a month.

Jeremy Wayne Nichols, 34, and Leslie Christine Castle, 24, are their names. They had the bright idea to pick a motel in Denver known for its drug activity so when the police were conducting a routine check, the front desk clerk singled them out as acting suspiciously. A check of their plates turned up a stolen vehicle and just like that, their little party came to an end.

Bummers.

So, I'll call Sergeant Bill Linn on Monday morning. I'm not thinking that we'll get anything back quickly even if it turns out these two are our culprits. But it'll be satisfying to know they're going to have to face the music.

And if it turns out it wasn't them, oh well.

Image Credit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope they've got the culprits. When my gym bag with dirty socks, was stolen from my car, the police did find the thieves and I think it took a few months before my bag, which was needed for trial was returned.

Nice to see the system works.