Monday, February 25, 2008

Live blogging the Oscars (sorta)

(since we have to travel to watch TV, we came in towards the end of the Kristin Chenoweth number)

Kristin Chenoweth just showed me why women should do the queen's wave (can you say upper arm flap?).

Forrest Whitaker is a funny looking guy.

Jon Stewart's baby award didn't work.

I don't know which one was Halle Berry.

Marion Cotillard was refreshing and I really liked her dress.

Ooops to Jon McLaughlin's funny face during his first close-up. But otherwise, he looks almost as good as he did when we saw him live at BellyUp Aspen, although I do have to say that the t-shirt and jeans look suits him better.

Ok, there must be a leak or something. Both Colin Farrell and John Travolta slipped on their approach to the podium. Colin Farrell played it better.

Wow, what was that about? How cool that they let Marketa Irglova return to the stage to say her thank yous after she got shut out by her co-winner, Glen Hansard.

Ok, I don't like Cameron Diaz' dress but I like her attitude. Can you say Cinematography? Also, she and Renee Zellwiger have both got a set of guns on them. (I said guns, not jugs!)

Classy touch with the pause before commercial after the in memoriam.

I know I don't know what I'm talkin' about but some of these award winners should have practiced their acceptance speeches more.

We have the technology. Kinda corny but kinda cool, using soldiers in Baghdad to present the award for Best Documentary Short Film.

Googling Freeheld. Can't get into the website because of too much traffic.

Finally got in to Freeheld. Looks really good.

Go Juno! I love that Diablo Cody won.

But everyone walks off the stage in the same direction. How come everyone tries to walk off the stage in the wrong direction?

Rachel really likes Helen Mirren's dress. I'm not liking what it does to her hips.

Nothing else really seemed worth commenting on . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I watched it. Actually this was kind of better. It took a lot less time to read this than to watch the awards. I haven't seen any of the movies this year, yet so it would be rather pointless to see the awards.