Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hillary or Barack?

I think I'm a Hillary supporter.

I say this because, although I claim that I can't decide between the two, when Barack won Iowa, I was disappointed and when Hillary won New Hampshire, I was pleased.

And yet, I'm thinking that, in large part for the same reasons laid out in Obama more likely to beat McCain, I'm going to vote for Barack.

(Aside - Blogger's spell check doesn't know what to do with Barack or Obama. I'm thinking it better figure it out.)

Rachel finds this extremely frustrating. With the idealism of youth, she thinks that Hillary would be a better president than Barack and that that's all that should matter. She struggles with the concept that Hillary might be too polarizing a figure and might solidify too much opposition to be able to win a general election.

I'm undecided but, being still a bit shell shocked from the last two elections, want to do everything I can to stack the odds for a Democratic win in November.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you feel today? It's close and exciting. You may be right about McCain.

Writer Girl said...

I truly think that all that should matter is whether or not they would be a good president, but I'm not stupid I know that a lot of people dislike Hilary and it is unlikely she'll win. I just wish people weren't so stupid and didn't hold grudges and would get a clue. Hilary is very qualified and smart. Plus, I think the USA needs a woman. We have had men since the founding of our country and look where that got us. But as my mom said, I'm pretty idealized.

Darling Daughter

rabiel said...

I think that, if you are going to support her, you should learn how to spell her name...

IamMBB said...

I don't know what you're talking about . . .

rabiel said...

A little mouse must have walked across your keypad...

IamMBB said...

In my defense, I have a co-worker who spells it Hilary. While it's getting close, we're still at the point where I see my co-worker's name more often than the presidential candidate's name.