Sunday, January 06, 2008

More perfect weather

You know those godawful storms which are abusing California and Nevada right now?

As of this morning, we had had 28 inches in the last 48 hours.

It snowed all day today too.

Tomorrow, Patrol will have its third early day in a row (they go in early when there's a lot of snow to do avalanche control work).

I went out for a half day of skiing today. I was part of the crack of noon club and still managed to ski Kessler's, Mushroom to Hyde Park to Y12, Mushroom top to bottom, Soddbuster, No Name, Moment of Truth and Lower Stein (where I took this photo).

I'm wiped.

Now, just so that you know that our perfect weather isn't always so perfect, on Wednesday, we're supposed to fly to Vegas for 24 hours before continuing on to Santa Barbara (my Christmas present). We have tickets to Spamalot in Vegas on Wednesday evening. However, Weather.com says that we should expect snow showers on Wednesday. Snow showers usually mean no flights. No flights could definitely throw a wrench in our well-laid plans.

I'm just going to be very zen about the whole thing . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed that you can make your trip. You've got snow and we've got rain, but you win in the volume area.