Thursday, January 10, 2008

California, here we come

In an effort to make the most of our room upgrade, I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 am, took a jacuzzi, then showered and packed.

I watched the workmen clean the Bellagio fountains and headed downstairs to get some in more people watching.

Steve and I walked over to the Bellagio so I could show him the Chihuly ceiling installation in the lobby and we had a really good cafe breakfast over there.

Next a quick flight and lunch and window shopping in Santa Barbara.

We checked out Chris' dojo and The Brooks Institute, then headed to Carpinteria.

We watched the sunset from the patio outside Jeffrey's office, then spent the evening imbibing and playing dueling iPods. It was like being back in college. Such camaraderie. Jeffrey really likes having us around 'cause we're "so normal," I guess compared to all the not normal people he deals with in his life as a high powered music industry lawyer.

Vacation rocks.

No comments: