Sunday, September 03, 2006

Vacation Day

Last Tuesday, I went on a fabulous vacation . . . and never strayed more than a couple of miles from my house!

After walking over to the five-star rated Little Nell to meet my vacation partner, we strolled over to the luxurious St. Regis Aspen where we spent the next 7+ hours being pampered at the Remede Spa. Our Remede Spa Indulgence started with a tour of the facilities which are designed to impress. With much anticipation, we donned our plush robes and went out to meet our therapists.

Our first treatments were an hour long full body massage followed immediately by an hour long full body sweep softening scrub and moisturizing lotion application. So sumptuous. This included a paraffin foot wrap and a scalp massage with essential oils. Absolutely my favorite spa treatment ever!! Especially the sweep. For someone who hates sand, I sure love this moisturizing gritty scrub.

We then relaxed in front of the fire in the oxygen room (sans oxygen) while awaiting our pedicure and manicure. Another little scrub treatment with each of those services too. So many nice extras.

Next, we had a "light lunch" with enough leftovers for lunch the next day and then on to our final treatment, the facial. This was my least favorite, but considering that everything is relative, that's no insult. Chris' least favorite was the manicure and pedicure.

After we were done with all of our treatments, we relaxed in the steam room and hot tub. I capped off my experience by showering in the 14 nozzle shower room. An overhead rain shower, a handheld shower head and 4 rows of 3 nozzles placed in a semi-circle ensured water from every direction. Quite decadent.

I then walked back across town and relaxed before heading back out for dinner at Matsuhisa. Scrumptious Peruvian and Argentinian influenced Japanese cuisine, where you order and order and order again. So many taste sensations.

Delightful!

2 comments:

Writer Girl said...

Remede looks great I want to go with next time. I would really enjoy the Comune (sp? Is this what its called).

Darling Daughter

P.s. Sorry for the possible spelling mistake above

IamMBB said...

It's called the Confluence and I found out that hotel guests can pay $25 to use the facilities so maybe you can too.