Tuesday, September 05, 2006

No such thing as bad publicity
















Recently there have been a spate of Letters to the Editor in our two local dailies alternately condemning and praising two of our most popular local eateries, Cache Cache and The Big Wrap.

As usual in the Land of Unintended Consequences, these exchanges, initiated in both cases by dissatisfied customers, have had the opposite effect from that the original writers envisioned.

Take, for example, my recent reaction. Casting about for dinner ideas to suggest to visiting friends and not having been to Cache Cache since that fateful 1999 New Year's Eve, the flurry of letters were just what it took to move Cache Cache to the top of my list. I can assure you that Cache Cache did not appear to be suffering any drop in popularity when we were there last Wednesday night.

Likewise, all the talk about The Big Wrap simply served to make me crave my favorite, the Mr. Potatohead. And, as if to add further insult to the original letter writer's injury, last week, the Big Wrap got voted Best Cheap Eats for like the 100th year in a row in a local poll.

2 comments:

Writer Girl said...

I liked Cache Cache's fries a lot they were great. I also liked the salmon. And Big Wrap is great. I don't care what anyone says about Babs she's a great person. I vote the Big Wrap Best Cheap Eats any day.
Darling Daughter

IamMBB said...

I'd be hard pressed to choose between Cache Cache's fries and D19's sweet potato fries.