Thursday, July 19, 2007

Whew!

Ever since Eric's July 11th comment on my July 10th post, I've been preparing myself for the possibility that I might be driving back from Denver next week utterly disappointed.

While that possibility still exists, the chances have dramatically lessened as of this afternoon.

I passed my initial corneal thickness test!

My optometrist performs the pachymetry test as part of the requisite pre-operative physical and my bilateral corneal thicknesses are above the acceptable minimum. Sweet!

I also found out that my left eye is dominant. The test for this would make quite the low cost parlor trick. It basically involves looking through your hands at a spot.

After discussing my options with my optometrist, I'm opting not to do the monovision. Its potential impact on my depth perception could be problematic considering how active I still like to be. I'm uncoordinated enough when it comes to skiing and biking. I don't need to make it any more difficult.

The only bummer is that right now I can't see for crap because my pupils are dilated and I have a contract I need to review tonight in preparation for a 7 am meeting tomorrow.

My face is about six inches from my laptop screen as I type this . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate having my pupils dilated!