Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A unique experience

I mentioned that we saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Grand Junction on Friday night.

Rachel and I both had medium Icees (only they don't call them Icees) and by about 3/4 of the way through the movie, we were both really uncomfortable.

Steve told us that we were going to have to wait a while which I hoped was not the case. I asked Rachel who is incredibly well versed in all things Harry Potter and she informed us that there wasn't too much left in the storyline.

Steve looked puzzled but shrugged.

A little while later, as the credits began to roll, Rachel, who was more uncomfortable than I was, sprinted out of the theater as I turned to Steve who looked very confused.

"That's it?," he asked. "That's the very end? That's how the entire Harry Potter saga ends?"

Huh??

Ohhhhhhh.

He had gotten the movie confused with the upcoming book and had sat through the entire movie thinking that he was watching the final chapter. For a moment towards the end of the movie, he thought Harry Potter was dead. While he has seen the movies, he hasn't read any of the books except for the first one and he wasn't very current on the Harry Potter buzz.

After catching him up, I chuckled and pointed out to him that he had had a different experience from every other person in the movie theater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to the movie since I haven't read the books and have only seen scenes of the movie. At this point I don't have the time to catch up.