Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'm a Christmas Music Freak

I am a Christmas music freak.

I own 40 Christmas CDs and buy new ones every year. I bought 4 today.

There's something wrong with me.

That's 505 songs, 1.2 days, 1.62 GB.

There's something wrong with me.

I will be playing Christmas music on shuffle nonstop between now and Christmas. Well, not quite nonstop, but you know . . .

My favorite Christmas song is Carol of the Bells, just about any version of Carol of the Bells. I especially love vocal versions. I actually burned a CD with 12 different Carol of the Bells. To make myself feel better, I gave a copy to a friend too. She claims to love it. I think she's just humoring me.

My second favorite Christmas song is God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen. So, I really like Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) which combines God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen and Carol of the Bells in a rousing rock orchestral arrangement.

Oh, yeah, and the video is pretty cool too. Hmmm, a cool Christmas music video. There really is something wrong with me . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas music too. Some genres I usually avoid like country are palatable on a Christmas CD. This is not something one needs apologize for. It's one of the most joyful and easy aspects of the season.