Sunday, June 17, 2007

Moms behaving badly

Monica Emmerson is a big fat liar.

Now, listen, I've definitely been there.

Toting a toddler and luggage through an airport and dealing with stupid rules. I've even reacted and behaved in the heat of the moment in ways that were out of proportion to the situation at hand.

No, I've never intentionally dumped water on the floor out of spite but still, I've done things which have been fairly irrational.

However, I have not then gone on national TV and defended my piss-poor behavior. I've actually had the sense to feel a bit sheepish.

Monica claims she "accidentally" spilled the sippy cup. Maybe she didn't know when she did so that there was video. Video which clearly (at least to me) shows an irritated woman purposefully pouring water on the floor.

Monica should be apologizing. She should be saying that the rules which prevent her from taking her toddler's sippy cup through security suck but that is no excuse for her actions. She should be saying she was stressed, tired and in a hurry and completely over-reacted and acted inappropriately. And that she shouldn't have done so.

I absolutely love the fact that the TSA called, "Bullshit" and posted the videos and incident report on their website.

Come on, Monica. You can tell me. You didn't really "accidentally" spill that water, now, did you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. It is more stressful to fly and some of these rules (like the limited toiletries) are so inconvenient and annoying, but they do apply to all and there's nothing anyone can do about them.

Good for TSA for showing the real story.