Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love Letter to My Husband













  • "The guy I was dating last year accidentally sent me the flowers meant for the girl he was cheating on me with. What a Valentine's Day."
    -- Sacsquared
I have a story like this one. Talking on the phone on Valentine's Day to a guy I was dating (had been dating for years), working out the details of getting together. Hang up. Phone rings almost immediately. Guy asks to speak to another woman, a woman whom Guy had totally denied having anything to do with.

Hmmm.

I say, "Oh no, you didn't!" and hang up. So much for that Valentine's Day . . .

I wish I could say that was the last time that Guy (or any other guy for that matter) cheated on me.

I was a little too forgiving of trifling men in my younger days.

But I am happy and proud and blessed to be able to say that, in my wiser and more self respecting nowadays, I have a man I trust, a man who values me, a man who is faithful.

Valentine's Day, which was once a day of pain, is now and has been for the last six years a day of joy and love.

Thank you, Steve. I love you.

No comments: