Friday, February 09, 2007

Bad boy good guy

I read today that they (the ubiquitous they) are making Speed Racer into a movie (to be released in March of '08)

I find this very exciting.

When I was a kid who wasn't supposed to watch TV on weekdays, we would sneak and watch Speed Racer. I loved Speed Racer.

Of course, I really liked Racer X, the bad boy good guy. Speed Racer was a little too much of a goody goody.

If Mom wasn't home, we would set up our homework and after school snacks on the kitchen table and crowd around the small kitchen TV, all the while keeping a keen ear out for the sound of the garage door opening.

It was a good day when we made it all the way through an episode.

"Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer, he's a demon on wheels. He's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone. " -- from memory; I'm so proud of myself.

No comments: