Friday, February 02, 2007

Bandwagon jumpa

For the first time in over four years, our American flag is no longer flying in front of our house.

We have replaced it with a Bears flag.

I will freely admit that, being TV-less, I have not followed the Bears regularly in years but as a born and bred Chicagoan, I claim an absolute right to take full ownership in the Bears' current Super Bowl appearance.

I clearly remember their last Superbowl appearance which occurred while I was a law student in DC. Even though I had not lived in Chicago for approximately 5 years at that point, the ties were still strong and I followed the team all season (the football pools we first year law students engaged in were a strong incentive).

This year I was so excited when the Bears won their trip to the Superbowl that Steve and I seriously considered spending $1000 to fly to Santa Barbara for our friends' Superbowl party.

Go Bears!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really can't care less about football, but I did watch portions of games this season. It does get exciting to be part of something like a Super Bowl Game, no matter how tangential. Since the Bears don't make it this far usually, it seems historical. Too bad they didn't win. Oh, well.