Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oops, wrong ski

This is the ski I demo'd but in pink.

This one is the K2 Nancy; the one pictured in my last post was the K2 Phat Love.

What's the difference I asked? "Well, it's a whole different ski" was the helpful response.

This just after I was told that, no, I couldn't demo the Nancy today since it was already out. Of course, if he had let me take it last night like I wanted to . . .

Sorta took the wind out of my sails. At the very least, it cost the ski shop a sale unless the manager wants to beat the $499 price with free shipping and no tax that I found online.

Of course now there are more complications in that I just bought plane tickets to go to Sayulita in May so maybe I shouldn't spend the money on the skis. As much as I'd like to pretend like I can do both, probably not wise. Highlands does close four weeks from today and then it's one income for two months.

But we're not going to San Francisco for Spring Break . . .

But we still have to pay for Rachel's European Odyssey . . .

Went skiing today even though I couldn't demo the cool skis and it's amazing what a difference a sunny day makes to the conditions. Thick, yogurty stuff that was especially tough on my thin waisted Atomic Balanzes.

If I don't buy the powder skis, we'll probably have a good dump again before the end of the season . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd expect a salesperson, one who could get commission on a $499 pair of skis to be able to wax eloquent on even the smallest points of difference between two pairs of skis.