Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Small Town Perks

Aspen styles itself as a very green place to live.

Among the many reasons this is so is the Roaring Fork Valley Vehicles program.

RFVV is a car share program which allows my husband and I to completely cut out the cost of a second vehicle. For $10 per month, I have access to one of six vehicles, 2 sedans, 3 station wagons and a pickup. When you use a car, you pay for time and mileage but gas is included. There's no car note and no hefty insurance payment. There is a nice easy toll free reservation system.

RFVV was a life-saver today. For $70 (the full day rate), my mom and I were able to take the car share car the 260 miles round trip to Grand Junction to pick up my poor little "Miss Eliza Doolittle" (Rachel's name for the Toyota).

So convenient and so green all at the same time . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool idea. I know there are similar programs in other cities. I like these innovative ideas that find a simple solution to a common problem.