Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A day to relearn a love of skiing

Last Friday, a friend called me to see if I wanted to go skiing on Saturday, more specifically to see if I wanted to do a Local's Clinic (think ski school).

I had not been skiing yet this season. The mountains opened before Thanksgiving. I didn't even get my pass until the middle of December.

Let's just say that I've had no interest.

So, I said yes.

And immediately wondered why. And wondered why frequently in the next 19 or so hours before I met my friend at Highlands.

I had exit strategies, all kinds of exit strategies. George Bush, eat your heart out, I had multiple exit strategies.

But . . .

We got on the lift. We took a run. It was fun.

We found a class. Our instructor was good and his pointers were helpful. It was fun.

The snow was fabulous, pure ego snow. It had snowed something like 19 inches in a couple of days. It was fun.

The morning was clear and although it was cold, there was no wind, so the high altitude sun kept us warm. It was . . .

a day to fall in love with skiing all over again.

No comments: