Thursday, October 26, 2006

Eerie cosmic coincidences?

We're all familiar with the lunacy (hence the word) which is supposed to attach to the full moon.

Is there some sort of concomitant phenomenon attached to the dark or new moon?

Aside from Tuesday being one of those days where the planets seemed generally to be out of alignment, both here in Aspen and 3195 miles away in Lahaina (and yes, I do realize that, if the planets really were out of alignment, it would naturally affect both Aspen and Lahaina), my family experienced a very specific weird cosmic coincidence involving a cultural icon (which did, however, have to be explained to my 14 year old, due to it being a rather dated cultural icon).

First, I'm in my office, talking to my staff about wishing for something (can't even remember what it was) and I start doing the Samantha nose wiggle (not that I can really do it) and the Jeannie arm fold/eye blink/head nod. No dice, but lots of laughter.

A few hours later, Rachel is watching an episode from the sixth season of Charmed, entitled "I Dream of Phoebe," and there, in all its glory, is the exterior and the interior of Jeannie's bottle. As I'm exclaiming, Rachel is puzzled. "What's 'I Dream of Jeannie'?" So, I try to explain that it involved an astronaut who finds a genie's bottle on the beach in Florida. I finish with the fact that the astronaut was played by Larry Hagman, which, of course, means nothing to her.

Minutes, and I literally mean less than five minutes later, I call Steve, who answers the phone, "Larry Hagman!" I made him repeat it four times. He's still not sure what made him say it.

What the heck is that all about?????

No comments: