Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow

Yesterday, I was going to Hawaii today.

Today, I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow.

:-(

Since it was snowing all day yesterday and since the 7 am flight is the most often cancelled flight (at one of the airports with the most cancelled flights), I knew it wasn't looking good. If the last flight in on Wednesday landed, our chances of getting out were better.

So I kept checking the flight status of the last flight in, Flight 6337. I was relieved when it was listed as IN FLIGHT.

It's currently still listed as IN FLIGHT . . .

Hmmm. You'd think they'd have run out of gas by now.

Just as I was commenting last night on the fact that we hadn't gotten a cancellation call yet, the phone rang. I'm not making this up.

Of course, because the airlines are flying so lean these days, everything for the rest of the day today was booked. We could have taken our chances with standby but there's two of us and two connections so the odds weren't with us.

Since it looked like I was going to be stuck somewhere overnight, I opted for my own bed.

At least The Pioneer Inn in Lahaina let me modify tonight's hotel reservation . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's hard to believe in October snows when every day the weather here is 89-95 degrees. I guess you got out. I have been wondering about the job offer dilemma. Did you tell them anything yet?

My former boss spent almost a year negotiating with Microsoft for her current job.