Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hawaii itinerary

What follows is the bare bones description of our time in Hawaii, mostly so that I don't forget it:

Friday, October 19, 2007 - arrived Kahului (flight from Denver to Honolulu was delayed for 4 hours so we missed our original connection but luckily caught the last plane from Honolulu to Kahului), picked up convertible, checked into Pioneer Inn Lahaina, Steve & I walked around Lahaina, passed out.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 - early morning walk for me around Lahaina, breakfast with Steve & Rachel at Pioneer Inn, beach at Kamehameha Iki Park, walked along beach to 303, back to Pioneer Inn, pool time at Pioneer Inn, Rachel and I drove to Kaanapali for sunset, dinner with Steve and Rachel at Leilani's on the Beach.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 - Steve, Rachel & I had breakfast at Lahaina Coolers, Rachel & I checked out of Pioneer Inn, Rachel & I did internet time at Livewire Cafe (I had to do payroll & Rachel homework), lunch from Foodland (poke, yum!), drove to Launiopoko, met Danny & Christine at Puamana, Rachel & I swam at Puamana.

Monday, October 22, 2007 - Steve & I took ferry to Molokai after a stop at Livewire Cafe for coffee, shuttle to Kualapuu airport (Molokai Offroad), picked up rental car, drove to Kalaupapa overlook, hiked short ways down Kalaupapa trail, drove to Halawa and played at beach, drove back to Kaunakakai, back to airport, ferry back to Lahaina, Steve, Rachel & I had dinner at Lahaina Coolers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - Rachel & I drove to Hana, breakfast at Moana Cafe in Paia, stopped at Honomanu Bay (photo above), stopped at Keanae, stopped at Wailea Valley overlook, hiked to Waimoku Falls in Haleakala National Park, rushed back (as much as you can rush on the road to Hana), went to Tuesday night dinner with Steve and Rachel at the neighbors'. (ran out of time for Hamoa Beach)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - Rachel & I had a beach day at Kaanapali, lunch at Leilani's, convertible broke, Steve, Rachel & I had dinner at Old Lahaina Luau, rental car swapped out.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - I got up at 5 am and watched the moon set at Puamana, Steve & I walked into Lahaina and to Starbuck's early morning, Rachel & I had a shopping day in Lahaina, lunch at BJ's Chicago Pizzeria, I did sunset at Puamana pool, I had dinner with Steve, Danny, Christine & Mason at Westin, I had drinks with Christine & Melanie at Westin

Friday, October 26, 2007 - Steve, Rachel and I drove to Kihei to meet Robin & Laurie, swam with the turtles at Makena Harbor, lunch at Wailea Whaler's General Store, convertible broke again, drove Steve to Lahaina, Rachel & I drove back to Kihei to go to the Grand Wailea Spa with Laurie, dinner at Outback Steakhouse.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 - Steve, Rachel and I had breakfast at Livewire Cafe, lunch at Hula Grill Kaanapali with Trevor, Donna, Toby, Brielle and Shane, Rachel and I drove back to Puamana to finish packing, drove to other side to leave. (never did get to Haleakala for sunrise . . .)

I wasn't ready to leave which is unusual for me.

No comments: