Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bad mommie update

It appears that Rachel's drama teacher is going to get her out of detention.

Not sure how I feel about that.

But I won't intervene.

I did, however, intervene when the same teacher told me that, unless I drove to the school to bail Rachel out, the teacher was not only going to prohibit Rachel from going on a field trip but was also going to give Rachel an unexcused absence for that upcoming class because Rachel forgot her permission slip.

Seemed a bit hypocritical to me.

I told the teacher that I was trying to make Rachel accountable for the consequences of her actions which was why I let her be tardy on Wednesday but that I didn't think an unexcused absence was appropriate, especially from the teacher who was getting her out of detention.

Don't get me wrong. I was nice and the teacher and I reached an appropriate accommodation whereby she got her permission slip but Rachel still had to follow through on her responsibility.

To top it all off, Rachel told me that she kinda wished she had detention so that she could have some extra time to get all her work done . . .

No comments: