Monday, September 17, 2007

Why would you?

On Wednesday as I was braving the evening rush in order to drive downvalley for a meeting, I was listening to NPR and caught the first of a two part series on the shoddy treatment a fellow Coloradoan, Ron Hinkle, has been receiving from this great country of ours.

Since I missed part two on Thursday, I checked out the story on NPR's website and was absolutely appalled to read that,

In addition, last week Hinkle was notified by the finance department at Fort Carson that a $3,000 enlistment bonus will not be honored because "he failed to fulfill his contract" due to his injury in Iraq.

That's simply obscene.

My outrage inspired me to email both Ken and John Salazar. I hope I'm not the only one.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your frustration, imagine what Ron and his family have been through? I know that there are solutions out there, but it takes voices like yours to make "those" who can make a difference, do so.

thanks,

Rog

Anonymous said...

There's no justification for not treating the soldiers, very, very well.