Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blushing

I think this is a first for me. I certainly can't come up with any other time it's happened.

Someone's posted a blog entry about me. I'm very flattered.

Rachel got invited to do a Washington Summer Scholars Program at my alma mater, American University through LeadAmerica. In the midst of explaining AU's Washington Semester program to her, I decided to google a good friend whom I had met when he was a Washington Semester student but whom I haven't seen since approximately 1984.

In doing so, I happened upon his blog and was interested enough in his thoughts to post a couple of comments. He emailed me back as I hoped he would and thought he might.

What I didn't expect was to see a post about me when I checked his blog again.

Very cool! It made me smile.

(and no, being mentioned in posts by my husband or daughter, while also very cool, isn't the same as an entire post by a non-family member about me.)

(i know, we take those closest to us for granted, don't we?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out your friend's blog and think this connection, how you reconnected is so high tech and cool.

Also, I'm impressed that your friend has taken his Civil War interest so seriously and had articles and books published. Like George Costanza once said, "I'd like to be a buff." There's something very cool about contributing to a body of knowledge as an outsider.